An insight into acne on back, causes, chest, neck, shoulders, get rid of, home remedies, treatment and also the pictures.
Acne on Back Causes
As if it weren’t enough to get acne on face, it can also crop up on the chest and back. According to doctors, studies have indicated that many people who have face acne also suffer from having some form of pimples on back.
The back and also chest’s thicker skin pores can also lead to more severe cases of acne than that of face.
According to American Academy of Dermatology, the exact cause is still a mystery but the acne regardless of location is due to a combination of excess oil, bacteria and also inflammation.
When the pores are clogged, then typically with the dead skin cells, the skin’s natural oil is then trapped within the pore and thus builds up creating a breeding ground for the bacteria to flourish leading to inflammation.
If the skin is blocked at skin’s surface, it will lead to mild acne like the blackheads and also the whiteheads. The deeper the infection, then the more severe the acne might be.
When you sweat from exercising or even overexertion, the sweat beads on skin mixes with the oil and toxins that is at the skin’s surface.
If left there, the pores might become irritated or even clogged leading to acne. It is also recommended to shower immediately after the excessive sweating so as to rinse the sweat and toxins from skin.
Tight fitting clothing, more especially the ones that are made of material which do not allow the skin to breathe, may be an irritant that leads to pimple on back. Though the back may be hard to reach, it is crucial to wash the skin using a mild soap at most twice daily so as to help prevent and also treat acne. Pat skin dry using a clean, fresh towel after the shower.
Rubbing skin may irritate the acne further. Wear clean loose fitting, breathable materials like cotton to assist prevent chest and back acne.
Acne mechanica is form of acne which is brought about by irritations, most commonly found on the back. Acne mechanica is due to something that is rubbing against the skin repeatedly like backpacks or even the weightlifting machines.
Over the shoulder straps may also irritate the skin on chest. Acne mechanica is aggravated by moisture, so if you combine a backpack with a shirt which doesn’t enable the skin to breathe, then acne can result.
Sheets and other materials that are constantly in contact with the skin may absorb the oils and dirt from the skin building up over a period of time.
This provides a breeding ground for the bacteria. If sheets and blankets aren’t washed regularly, that is at least once per week, then the buildup can lead to body acne on the back and also the chest.
Acne on Back, Chest and shoulders
Having pimples on back and chest might be something that is very embarrassing and leads to a lack of self-esteem.
It may as well be very difficult to get do away with the pimples. In addition to clearing of the pimples, it is crucial to understand what’s leading to them. According to American Academy of Dermatology, Acne normally develops where we have most sebaceous glands.
These particular glands makes sebum and are usually found in the largest number on our face, chest, back and upper arms. By starting a skin care regimen, you may start to have a clear back and chest which you desire.
Cleanse the face every morning and evening by use of a mild cleanser, a washcloth and also warm water. This will assist to rid the skin of dust and bacteria. Look for a cleansing product which has benzoyl peroxide.
Avoid any kind of stress. Stress leads to and increases the amount of oil in the skin thus pimple on back. According to Body Building, “Stress raises the levels of hormone cortisone, which leads to increased secretion of oil in the skin.”
Apply the products to the back and chest which have salicylic acid. Salicylic acid does away with dead skin cells and also allows a person to keep the pores clean. According to American Academy of Dermatology, “The type of product which you are using is important.
If you have an oily skin, then choose an acne solution. For the people with dry skin, an acne lotion is best.”
Apply acne products to the entire back and also the chest areas which are affected. Place dots of product on the skin and then spread it around by use of your fingertips. This particular method is more effective than use of spot treating of the pimple.
According to doctors, this usually delivers a strong concentration of medicine to many areas and also increases the effectiveness.
Apply all of acne products to the back and also the chest after it has been cleansed. Wait for 15 minutes after washing so as to apply products. If there is any stinging, do not try to apply the product, as this is an indication of irritation.
- Avoid abrasive skin care products which causes irritation.
- Do not squeeze or even pick at pimples. Although this might appear like the fastest method to do away with the pimples, it might make the breakouts worse and lead to scarring.
- Wear loose clothing that are made of cotton so as to clear up the back and also chest.
- Don’t forget to shower after working out. Sweating normally leaves behind dead skin cells that may block up the cleared pores.
Acne on Back Vitamin Deficiency
Like all the acne, pimple on back is brought about by clogged pored emanating from a mixture of the dead skin cells and oil. Some topical treatments might improve the skin while using them, but it is very hard to reach your back, and they are stopped, acne flares up again.
High-dose vitamin supplements might assist treat your acne by giving a person with antioxidants and also the skin-healing support. Vitamins should only be taken under supervision of a health-care professional.
If the acne is due to the vitamin deficiency, it may be very hard to pinpoint what kind of vitamins your body is lacking. Also, most of the vitamins work synergistically and intake of one might require an increased need for another vitamin.
Start by taking a multivitamin supplement daily. Choose the one which does not have iodine, but, because the mineral might worsen acne.
Vitamins A and D
Doctors also indicate that vitamin A is crucial for skin health and that it may assist to strengthen the protective epithelial skin tissue. Vitamin D3 might also be helpful, and doctors say it promotes healing and tissue repair.
Vitamin D works synergistically with vitamin A and might enhance the effects. Balch recommends at least 450 IU daily of vitamin D. Alternatively, you may take a cod liver oil supplement as cod liver oil usually supplies both vitamin A and D as well as healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids.
B vitamin deficiencies are associated with acne, and doctors say that the B vitamins are crucial for skin health and also tone. Doctors further recommends taking of B100 complex at least three times daily. B100 is normally a supplement which has 100mg of all major B vitamins.
B6 might be particularly beneficial if you are suffering from menstrual-related acne as it prevents uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone, thus it is suggested taking 100 to 250mg of B6 twice daily if suffering from hormonal acne.
Vitamins C and E
Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant, might as well be beneficial, and doctors says it assists to support your immune system and thus reduce inflammation. It is also required for collagen repair in skin tissue thus healing pimple on back.
They recommend taking 1,000 to 1,700mg of the buffered vitamin C daily. Vitamin E is an antioxidant; it is said to enhance tissue healing as well as repair. Doctors suggest taking 500 IU daily of vitamin C and choosing a supplement which has the d-alpha-tocopherol form to ensure maximum absorption.
Acne on Back Female
Treating pimple on back in women:
Factors to consider
- Therapy should be tailored to the patient’s specific severity of pimple on back: mild, moderate or even severe.
- Pregnancy considerations should also be taken into account when prescribing the acne medications as many of the oral and also topical medications should not be used when trying to conceive or even during pregnancy.
- Adult women might be likely having dry skin as they get much older, and topical acne medications might lead to more skin irritation in patients who have dry skin.
- Some adult women having pimples on back also might show indications of rosacea (which is another common skin condition that is characterized by inflammation), which makes some of the topical acne medications very hard to tolerate.
- In acne patients of any given age, dermatologists usually consider topical retinoids (medications that have vitamin A derivatives) first-line therapy by for up to moderate inflammatory acne that is accompanied by blackheads and also whiteheads.
- Doctors have also noted that topical retinoids are the preferred therapy for the overall long-term prevention of the new acne.
- Combination oral contraceptives have been found to effectively clear the acne in women either when used alone or together with an anti-androgen medication, like spironolactone.
- Most of different oral contraceptives have been indicated to be very much effective in treating the acne. Oral contraceptives that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treatment of hormonal acne have ethinyl estradiol plus either the progestin norgestimate or drospirenone.
- These oral contraceptives usually work together so as to alter levels as well as the activity of hormones which might trigger acne.
Acne on Back Home remedies
Using products such as body lotion, massage oil or even the sunscreen which clogs the pores might also cause acne and the skin breakouts. Other risk factors that are considered include friction from tight-fitting clothes, stress, hormonal changes in the body and also improper skin care.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural treatments that is used for all types of acne, which includes pimple on back.
It usually inhibits inflammation as well as the bacterial growth that is responsible for the skin breakouts, because of its anti-inflammatory and the antibacterial properties. Also, it assists to balance the pH level of skin, which is crucial to keep the skin free of any kind of problem.
- Dilute about 1 tablespoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with just 1 cup of water. Use the solution on the affected areas of the back. Wait for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Finish off by applying a light, water-based moisturizer. Repeat the remedy 3 times a day until the acne is healed fully.
- Also, consume apple cider vinegar daily may assist to keep the skin healthy from within. Add about 2 teaspoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and some amount of raw honey to a glass of warm water and then drink it about twice daily.
- Tea Tree Oil
Another excellent home remedy that can be used for acne is tea tree oil.
This essential oil contains natural antiseptic as well as anti-inflammatory properties which assists to treat Pimple on back. When it is used topically, the oil penetrates into skin and assists to dry out acne quickly. It reduces redness and inflammation.
A 2007 study that was published in Indian Journal of Dermatology and Leprology indicated that topical 5% tea tree oil is effective in the treatment of up to moderate acne vulgaris.
- Put 2 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and then dab it gently on affected areas of the back. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse it off using lukewarm water. Use it at least once daily.
- Alternatively, thoroughly mix 5 drops of tea tree oil in about 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on the affected areas of the body. Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off using water. Repeat the process once daily.
Those who have very sensitive skin should not use undiluted tea tree essential oil. Dilute just 1 part tea tree oil with about 4 parts water before use.
Borax is considered as a natural anti-acne agent against acne on back. This antimicrobial agent assists to get rid of bacteria and other toxins in and also on the skin. Also, it works as an anti-inflammatory agent, which helps to reduce the pain and inflammation that are associated with back acne.
A 2014 study which was published in International Journal of Cosmetic Science indicated the inhibitory effect of borax on Pimple on back growth and inflammation. This study indicates the anti-acne property of borax.
- Put about ½ teaspoon of the borax powder in a small bowl.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of the glycerin and some water so as to form a paste.
- Use the paste on the back where you have the acne.
- Allow it to dry fully.
- Rinse the dry paste off using warm water, splash the area with some cool water and then towel dry the skin.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day.
Honey keeps the pimple on back hydrated and also calm. Being a natural antibiotic as well as the antibacterial agent, it reduces symptoms and also prevents an infection.
A 2011 study which was published in Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine indicated that medical-grade honey can treat topical infections brought about by antibiotic-resistant and also antibiotic-sensitive bacteria.
By including some amount of honey in the skin care regimen, you can prevent breakouts.
- Dab some raw honey or even the manuka honey on affected area. Wait for about 15 minutes, then rinse it off using warm water. Repeat the process about 3 times a day.
- You may as well prepare a paste with about 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Use it on your acne. Wait for about 15 minutes, then rinse it off using warm water. Use the process once a day.
Turmeric contains an antibacterial property which assists to kill P. acnes bacteria, which leads to pimple on back.
A 2013 study that was published in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin also indicated that the compound curcumin which is in turmeric exhibits antimicrobial activity which inhibits the bacteria.
Also, this kitchen ingredient contains an anti-inflammatory property which assists to reduce inflammation and some amount of pain. It also assists to balance the skin’s pH so as to keep it free from breakouts.
- Combine about 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and some amount of sesame oil so as to form a paste. Dab the paste on affected area. Leave it on for 1 hour before rinsing it off using warm water. Use the remedy 2 times daily for a few days.
- Also, drink turmeric milk twice daily so as to fight inflammation and also the pain. To make turmeric milk, mix about ½ teaspoon of the turmeric powder in a glass that is full of warm milk.
- Aloe Vera
To do away with the annoying acne on back, try aloe use of the Vera. The natural gel may assist to kill the bacteria causing acne, reducing inflammation and promoting the healing.
A 2008 study that was published in Indian Journal of Dermatology indicated the medicinal properties of aloe Vera on pimple on back, like anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and also the antimicrobial. This study also indicated that aloe vera provides an anti-acne effect.
A 2014 study which was published in Journal of Dermatological Treatment concludes that aloe vera is effective for treatment of up to moderate acne vulgaris.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and then extract the gel. Use the pure gel on affected area about twice daily for 1 week.
- Alternatively, you may also blend 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon each of raw honey and turmeric powder so as to form a paste. Use it on affected skin, leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off thoroughly using warm water. Repeat the process daily.
Pimples on Back Treatment
Mild pimple on back normally responds to daily skin care and over-the-counter treatments. Try use of a salicylic acid wash every day. Pads having salicylic acid may be wiped over the affected areas. You might also want to use a lotion having an alpha hydroxyl acid, like glycolic acid.
Alpha hydroxyl acids assists to speed cell turnover, exfoliating the skin and also reducing the number of skin pore blockages.
When treating acne on back, you may use several acne treatment products at once without leading to excessive irritation (for instance, a salicylic acid wash and a benzoyl peroxide lotion). The skin on back, chest, and upper arms is normally tougher than the facial skin, and may tolerate powerful treatments. But, the skin on neck is fairly sensitive.
Use treatment products carefully in the area. If you observe any excessive irritation, dryness or even peeling on the area of the body or even discontinue use of treatment product, and then consult your doctor.
Moderate to severe forms of body acne may be very difficult to control, and requires to be treated by a physician. Topical and oral medications are normally prescribed. Common treatments are:
- Retin A
- Oral antibiotics
Accutane is used for severe forms of acne including pimple on back, or after other treatment options are exhausted, as it carries significant side effects.
As with the facial acne, it takes some period of time to control body acne. You will likely have to try many treatment products or even the medications before finding the one which works best for you. Fortunately, most of the cases of acne may be successfully cleared, given time and also patience.
Acne on back Pictures
There are various pictures included in this article. They are showing how acne can affect your back and other parts of your body.
- What Are the Causes of Back & Chest Acne: http://www.livestrong.com/article/142322-what-are-causes-back-chest-acne/
- Body and Back Acne Basics – Causes and Treatment: https://www.verywell.com/back-acne-and-body-acne-15483
- How to Get Rid of Pimples From Chest & Back Quickly: http://www.livestrong.com/article/335298-how-to-get-rid-of-pimples-from-chest-back-quickly/
- Vitamin for Acne on the Upper Back: http://www.livestrong.com/article/348407-vitamin-cures-for-acne-on-the-upper-back/
- Hormonal factors key to understanding acne in women – See more at: https://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/hormonal-factors-key-to-understanding-acne-in-women#sthash.OFFN9s21.dpuf
- How to Get Rid of Back Acne Fast: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/get-rid-back-acne-fast.html